20 January, 2010

SPEECH


It has been more than 12 yrs since it happened... He was my senior in my school... I hate listening to speeches and I hardly remember these kinda things for days...I don't remember his name even... But this time it’s an exception... I dunno what made me listen to that... Whether the topic or the person or the way he presented... It was awesome... The speech to the gathering was for about 5 minutes and the speech was about SPEECH... I had something called as communication lab in my engineering in which I was asked to speak about a topic for sometime... Without any hesitation I decided to replicate the event which influenced me... I spoke the same…

It went like this… Speech is the vocalized form of human communication by definition but very few speeches don’t just merge away with air, instead it merges with people… All beings communicate… But the only difference between human and animals is the ability to speak… Speech is used to inform or to instruct or to entertain or to persuade… This can be taken as the basic classification of speech... Speech is a powerful tool… People use it for several purposes… At times it can be constructive and at the same time it can be destructive too…Then that speech went for another fewa minutes which comprised of humour and information with claps and laughs interrupting here and there and then finally he came out of dais, concluded the speech and said if u are loud enough you have no need of a mike… Tribute to him and my school...
(Blog dated-20/01/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment